Little Changes + Consistency = Permanent Results.
Spoiler Alert: you may already know this!
The key is to apply it, over and over, until it’s automatic.
Rev Your Metabolism
• Drink water within minutes of waking
• Eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking
• Include protein with breakfast
Keep It Steady
• Eat small meals every 2-3 hours
• Have protein/carb/fat with each meal
• Drink water throughout the day
• Eat dinner early
• Eat last snack 2 hrs. before going to bed
• Get 7-9 hours of sleep
• Eat 6 small meals a day
• Exercise 6 days a week for 60+ minutes
Modify Your Servings
• Only eat half the bun or bread on a sandwich (Or request 100 calorie thin buns)
• Salad dressing on the side and dip only fork tines in for taste
• Order ALL sauce on the side, use minimal for flavoring
• Water down juice (shoot for 50/50 ratio)
• Drink herbal tea for a change from water
• Cut entrée in half and double up on veggies
• Create your plate: 1/4 Protein, 1/4 Starch, 1/2 Veggies
• Eat small healthy snack before going out to dinner or a party.
• Limit sugar & sodium intake.
• Limit soda intake (including diet).
• Include HEALTHY fats in your daily nutrition: Flaxseed oil, avocado, raw almonds, etc.
• Increase intake of fibrous veggies.
• Limit white flour, white rice, etc.
• Say YES to whole REAL foods, say NO to fake food, preservatives, chemicals.
• Drink water while you cook.
• Train your body to TRUST you. Body craves consistency. Feed it! Keep Active!
• Choose stairs instead of elevator.
• ENJOY YOUR WORKOUTS!
• Snack right after you workout: protein with complex carb.
• FOOD JOURNAL & understand portion sizes.
• Track your workouts and understand your Fat Burning Zone.
• Be aware of your “high risk” foods and keep them out of site.
• Lift weights to lose weight.
• Every 3-6 months: eat 100% for one week.
• Weigh more, look less - muscle is more dense than fat.
• Pay attention to your body. When you feel like you have had enough to eat, stop.
• One bad choice is not the end of the world, you can make a great choice in just a few hours when you eat again.
Don’t think, “I blew it, I had a cookie, I might as well have ten.” Strive to make great choices 80-90% of the time. Over time, they will far outweigh the 10-20% of not-so-great choices.